Cardiology cases are seen by Geoff Holt who is a RCVS advanced practitioner and Cardiology certificate holder with over 14 years of experience. He is very comfortable dealing with a wide range of the more challenging heart cases that are seen in general practice.
Some of the types of cases Geoff sees at Riversmeet Vets include:
- Determining the cause of heart murmurs and assessing the severity of their effects on the patient’s cardiovascular system (Including congenital heart disease in young pups as well as acquired heart murmurs in older dogs, such as Mitral valve disease in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
- Screening for the presence of heart disease and assessing the severity in cats.
- Assessing heart rhythm disturbances and management of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Investigations into the cause and treatment of collapsing dogs.
- Diagnosis and management of pericardial and pleural effusions due to various causes.
He also has a special interest in other aspects of cardiorespiratory disease and a lot of experience and passion for abdominal ultrasonography in dogs and cats as well.