Here at Riversmeet we have experience with a range of Cardiology cases, including:
- Determining the cause of heart murmurs and assessing the severity of their effects on the patient’s cardiovascular system (Including congenital heart disease in young pups as well as acquired heart murmurs in older dogs, such as Mitral valve disease in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
- Screening for the presence of heart disease and assessing the severity in cats.
- Assessing heart rhythm disturbances and management of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Investigations into the cause and treatment of collapsing dogs.
- Diagnosis and management of pericardial and pleural effusions due to various causes.
Our cardiology services will be offered and discussed should we feel appropriate for the needs of your pet.